Frassati Australia is a movement that is currently emerging, aimed at helping younger Catholic men embrace and live the faith.
At the heart of the movement are “Frassati Houses”. Fourteen men currently live a common life in houses in the Brisbane suburbs of Virginia, the Grange, Salisbury and Tarragindi.
Members of Frassati Houses commit to the following (amongst other things):
- Be faithful to Sunday Mass and to, at least, one daily Mass per week.
- To approach each month the Sacrament of Penance
- To seek times of personal prayer each day such as the Holy Rosary
- To seek times of prayer together such as the Divine Mercy Chaplet for the Holy Souls
- To engage regularly in spiritual reading and spiritual direction
- To perform a work of charity each day
- To regularly be before the Lord Jesus in Eucharistic adoration
This Monday evening, 4 March 2013, those in the Frassati houses will be making their official commitment for 2013, during Mass at 7pm at Saint Joseph’s Church, Kangaroo Point.
Their involvement in the various works of Frassati Australia will be an excellent preparation for these men’s future vocations, whether it be to marriage, religious life or to the diocesan priesthood.
Please pray for those making their commitment on Monday.